Monday, October 12, 2009

Heskey will consider Villa future

Emile Heskey and Ukraine's Yevgen Khacheridi
Heskey was given a start for England in Saturday's defeat by Ukraine

Emile Heskey will consider leaving Aston Villa in the January transfer window as he looks to secure a place in England's 2010 World Cup finals squad.

The 31-year-old has started only one Premier League match this season.

England coach Fabio Capello appears to favour Heskey but the striker still fears for his place in South Africa.

"I will have to sit down and think about my next move," he said. "I don't know whether I can get a World Cup place if I'm not playing for Villa."

Heskey played in the 1-0 defeat in Ukraine on Saturday and has started six of England's nine World Cup qualifiers in the current campaign.

"It's something I will have to look at when I get back and try to address it.""I'm happy to be playing for England and, obviously, not playing at club level is difficult," he stated.

The former Liverpool striker joined Aston Villa from Wigan for £3.5m in January, linking up again with manager Martin O'Neill after a previous spell together at Leicester City.

Heskey has won 57 England caps since making his debut against Hungary in 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MenuTube